: Modified Marshal Stability Test
: As Per ASTM-D-1559
The test is intended for the measurement of the resistance to
plastic flow of cylindrical specimens of bituminous paving mixture
loaded on the lateral surface. For use with hot mixture containing
asphalt or tar and aggregate upto 25.4 mm maximum sizes. The marshal
stability test apparatus consists of following:
- Marshal Load Frame 100kN capacity, Electrically Operated,
with platen rate travel of 50.8mm/min. Safety cutoff switch is
provided with the machine to avoid from overloading - 1No.
- Marshal Compaction Pedestal for compaction of 152.4mm (6")
dia specimen - 1No.
- Breaking head assembly to accommodate specimen of 152.4mm dia
with dial gauge 0.01 x 25mm travel - 1 Set.
- Specimen Extractor (Platen, Steel Ball & Extracting Rod) -
- Marshal Specimen Mould 101.6mm dia (4") complete with
collar and base plate - 3 Nos.
- Modified Marshal Compaction Hammer 10.2kg (22.5lbs) 149.4mm
dia x 457mm (18") drop height - 2 Nos.
- Proving Ring, 25kN or 30kN or 50kN (as per requirement)
capacity fitted with dial gauge with set of loading pads and
calibration certificate in a nice wooden carrying case.
The Machine is fitted with ½ HP motor. Suitable for
Operation on 220V, Single Phase, 50Hz, AC Supply.